America-First.Org is a marketplace where Americans who live in America can sell MADE IN AMERICA goods, items, or supplies directly to buyers around the USA. We want to make sure that you and your buyers have a positive experience on America-First.Org. Please read on to find out more about your rights, as well as what is expected of you, as a seller.
1. What Can be Sold on America-First.Org
America-First.Org is a unique marketplace. Buyers come here to purchase items that are MADE IN AMERICA. Everything listed for sale on America-First.Org must be MADE IN AMERICA.
We encourage you to be transparent about how your goods, items or supplies were made and where your materials come from. You can disclose whether your items have social or environmental attributes, such as organic or recycled. You can also disclose the exact location of manufacture (US state or city).
2. What Can’t be Sold on America-First.Org
Items that are not MADE IN AMERICA are not allowed to be sold on America-First.Org.
Reselling is allowed on America-First.Org. Reselling refers to listing an item when you were not involved in designing or making that item.
Keep in mind that members may flag listings that appear to violate our policies for America-First.Org’s review. America-First.Org may remove any listings that violate our policies. America-First.Org may also suspend or terminate your account for any violations. You’ll still be on the hook to pay any outstanding fees on your America-First.Org statement. You can find more information in our Fees & Payments Policy.
If you are raising money on behalf of a charity, you must obtain that charity’s consent.
3. Representing Yourself, Your Store, and Your Listings Honestly
At America-First.Org, we value transparency. Transparency means that you honestly and accurately represent yourself, your items, and your business.
By selling on America-First.Org, you agree that you will:
- Provide honest, accurate information in your Store Info section.
- Honor your Store Policies.
- Accurately represent your items in listings and listing photos.
- Respect the intellectual property of others. If you feel someone has violated your intellectual property rights, you can report it to America-First.Org.
- Not engage in fee avoidance.
- Not create duplicate stores or take any other action (such as manipulating clicks, carts or sales) for the purpose of manipulating search or circumventing America-First.Org’s policies.
- Not coordinate pricing with other sellers.
- Only ship FROM THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.
- Only sell MADE IN AMERICA goods, items or supplies.
4. Communicating with Other America-First.Org Members
You can use America-First.Org to communicate with your buyers or other America-First.Org members. Messages are a great way for buyers to ask you questions about an item or an order.
Communications may not be used for the following activities:
- Sending unsolicited advertising or promotions, requests for donations, or spam;
- Harassing or abusing another member or violating our Anti-Discrimination Policy;
- Contacting someone after they have explicitly asked you not to; or
- Interfering with a transaction or the business of another member.
Interference occurs when a member intentionally interferes with another member’s shop in order to drive away their business. Interference is strictly prohibited on America-First.Org. Examples of interference include:
- Contacting another member via America-First.Org to warn them away from a particular member, store, or item;
- Posting in public areas to demonstrate or discuss a dispute with another member;
- Purchasing from a seller for the sole purpose of leaving a negative review;
- Maliciously clicking on a competitor’s America-First.Org ads or Offsite ads in order to drain that member’s advertising budget, also known as “click fraud.”
Any use of America-First.Org to harass other members is strictly prohibited. Similarly, communications may not be used to support or glorify hatred or otherwise violate our Anti-Discrimination Policy. If you receive a message that violates this policy, please let us know right away.
5. Privacy and Protecting Personal Information
As a data controller (that is someone who decides what personal data is collected and the purpose you’ll use the data for) to the extent that you process user personal information outside of the Services, you may be required under applicable data protection and privacy laws to honor requests received from such users for data access, portability, correction, deletion, and objections to processing. Also, if you disclose personal information without the buyer’s proper consent, you are responsible for that unauthorized disclosure. This includes, for example, disclosures you make or unintentional data breaches. For example, you may receive a buyer’s email address or other information as a result of entering into a transaction with that buyer. This information may only be used for America-First.Org-related communications or for America-First.Org-facilitated transactions. You may not use this information for unsolicited commercial messages or unauthorized transactions. Without the buyer’s consent, and subject to other applicable America-First.Org policies and laws, you may not add any America-First.Org member to your email or physical mailing list, use that buyer’s identity for marketing, or obtain or retain any payment information. Please bear in mind that you’re responsible for knowing the standard of consent required in any given instance.
If America-First.Org and you are found to be joint data controllers of personal information, and if America-First.Org is sued, fined, or otherwise incurs expenses because of something that you did in your capacity as a joint data controller of buyer personal information, you agree to indemnify America-First.Org for the expenses it occurs in connection with your processing of buyer personal information.
6. Creating and Uploading Content
As a member of America-First.Org, you have the opportunity to create and upload a variety of content, like listings, text, photos, or videos. In order to keep our community safe and respectful, you agree that you will not upload content that is:
- Abusive, threatening, defamatory, harassing, or otherwise in violation of our Anti-Discrimination Policy;
- Obscene or vulgar;
- In violation of someone else’s privacy or intellectual property rights; or
- False, deceptive, or misleading.
7. Building a Positive Reputation Through our Reviews System
Reviews are a great way for you to build a reputation on America-First.Org. Buyers can leave a review, including a one to five star rating and photographs of their purchase. Buyers can edit their reviews.
On the rare occasion you receive an unfavorable review, you can reach out to the buyer.
Reviews and your response to reviews may not:
- Contain private information;
- Contain obscene, racist, or harassing language or imagery;
- Violate our Anti-Discrimination Policy;
- Contain prohibited medical drug claims;
- Contain advertising or spam;
- Be about things outside the seller’s control, such as a shipping carrier, America-First.Org or a third party;
- Contain threats or extortion;
- Include shilling or otherwise falsely inflate a store’s review score; or
- Undermine the integrity of the Reviews system.
8. Providing Great Customer Service
We expect our sellers to provide a high level of customer service. By selling on America-First.Org, you agree to:
- Honor your shipping and processing times. Sellers are obligated to ship an item or otherwise complete a transaction with a buyer in a prompt manner, unless there is an exceptional circumstance. Read more in our Shipping Policy.
- Respond to communications in a timely manner.
- Honor the commitments you make in your store policies.
- Resolve disagreements or disputes directly with the buyer. In the unlikely event that you can’t reach a resolution, our Dispute Resolution team can help. Read about your rights and responsibilities regarding cases here.
- If you are unable to complete an order, you must notify the buyer and cancel the order.
As a seller, you must provide great customer service and maintain trust with your buyers.
8. Responding to Requests for Cancellations, Returns, and Exchanges
Please be aware that in addition to this policy, the US has its laws surrounding shipping, cancellations, returns, and exchanges. Please familiarize yourself with these laws.
If you are unable to complete a transaction, you must notify the buyer and cancel the transaction. If the buyer already submitted payment, you must issue a full refund. You are encouraged to keep proof of any refunds in the event a dispute arises. All cancellations are subject to our Cancellation Policy.
America-First.Org’s Case System
We ask buyers to contact sellers directly and attempt to resolve any outstanding issues before contacting America-First.Org. For this reason, it is important that you fill out your store policies and regularly respond to communications from your buyers.
Buyers may file a case for a non-delivery or a not-as-described item. You must respond to any such cases within three days. America-First.Org may request your assistance in resolving a case opened against your store. America-First.Org reserves the right to escalate a case early for circumstances such as seller inactivity, harassment, refusal of service, case manipulation, and undermining the integrity of the case system.
By using America-First.Org, you understand that America-First.Org may use your personal information for the purpose of resolving disputes with other members. Cases can be filed in the following circumstances:
A non-delivery occurs when a buyer places an order but does not receive the item. The following are examples of non-delivery cases:
- There is no proof that the item was shipped to the buyer.
- An item was not sent to the address provided on America-First.Org.
Not as Described
An item is not as described if the buyer can demonstrate that it is significantly different from your listing description or your photos. The following are examples of not as described cases:
- The item received is a different color, model, version, or size.
- The item has a different design or material.
- The seller failed to disclose that an item is damaged or is missing parts.
- The buyer received the incorrect quantity of items (e.g., the buyer purchased three items but only received two).
- The item was advertised as authentic but is not authentic.
- The condition of the item is misrepresented (e.g., the item is described as new but is used).
Not as Described cases can also be filed for late delivery. In order to qualify as late delivery, the buyer must provide proof that all of these conditions have been met:
- The item(s) were ordered for a specific date or event.
- The item(s) are rendered useless after that date.
- The seller did not ship the item(s) according to their processing time or the date agreed upon.
If America First Goods and Services LLC determines that an item is not as described, you will be required to refund the order, including original shipping and return shipping.
Some disputes don’t qualify for America-First.Org’s case system. These include:
- Items that are damaged by the shipping carrier (if properly packaged by the seller).
- Items that have been altered, used, worn, washed, or discarded after receipt.
- Items that are received after the agreed-upon delivery date due to shipping delays.
- Items that are returned without a return agreement.
- Items that are accurately described but don’t meet a buyer’s expectations.
- Cost of shipping disputes.
- Items that are purchased in person.
- Transactions where payment is not made via America-First.Org’s checkout system.
When a dispute is ineligible for our case system, we encourage both parties to work together to come to an amicable solution.
If America First Goods and Services LLC has reason to believe you, Your Content, or your use of the Services violate our Terms, including this Seller Policy, we may deactivate Your Content or suspend or terminate your account (and any accounts America First Goods and Services LLC determines are related to your account) and your access to the Services. Generally, America First Goods and Services LLC will notify you that Your Content or account has been suspended or terminated, unless you’ve repeatedly violated our Terms or we have legal or regulatory reasons preventing us from notifying you.
Last updated on Aug 29, 2020